A local comprehensive museum with an area of 5,000 sq meters, Kunming Museum has five regular exhibition halls and a temporary exhibition hall. The exhibitions in the five regular halls are as follows:
1. Dinosaur Fossil Exhibition: samples and models of dinosaurs are exhibited, imitating the process of the evolution of the dinosaur.
2. Bronze Culture Exhibition: displaying the bronze culture of the Dianchi District from the Spring and Autumn Periods (770BC-476BC) and the Western Han Dynasty (206BC-25AD).
3. Sutra Exhibition of Dizang (the Bodhisattva of Ksitigarbha) Temple: the sutras in Dizang Temple are reputed to be masterpieces of the Yunnan culture. They are also the major historic and cultural sites under the national protection.
4. The "Kunming: a Historic and Cultural City" Exhibition includes two exhibition halls: the History Hall and the New Era Hall, demonstrating the history and culture, the scenery and the major achievements China has made in the last 20 years.
5. Temporary exhibitions are usually held at the Temporary Hall. Some of the larger exhibitions include Mao Zedong's Mementos Exhibition, the Paintings and Calligraphies Exhibition of some outstanding local artists, the Paintings and Calligraphies of celebrities in Yunnan and the Clothes Exhibition of the Minority Women in Yunnan.